Oh my God! these came out unexpectedly delicious!!! A family member just found out they are insulin resistant so I have the task of preparing low sugar meals and snacks so as to not spike their blood glucose. I made theirs with Xylitol but mine with honey.
So many recipes out there but without the gluten, all recipes i tried ended up making the cupcakes…hard and not fluffy at all. I finally found a 4-5 ingredient one that came out perfect!
Ingredients for 3 muffins:
- 2 tablespoons of Raw Cocoa Powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey (or xylitol / any sweetener you want)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a cupcake pan with 3 paper liners; set aside.
- Beat the honey and egg until the it mixes well
- Add in the cocoa powder slowly and the baking powder
- Add in the coconut oil.
- The mixture will be smooth. Drop them in muffin trays and bake for 10 -12 mins
- For the chocolate sauce, take a tablespoon of cocoa powder, honey to taste, mix it with some almond milk to make it creamier and preferred thickness and leave it on pan for a few seconds just for the cocoa to melt and to thicken up.
- Optional: you could also add in some dried fruits or dates or coconut flakes for some variation.