Some days I’ve no idea what to have for breakfast, I get tired of the same old meals and every now and then i change it up. Today felt like an egg frittata day, I’ve never made a frittata before. I wanted an easy recipe to start with and take it from there. The end result was nothing short of a plate of pure deliciousness! Packed with protein, fiber and that slight spicy kick.
- 3 whole eggs, 5 egg whites
- 1 cup sauteed spinach
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium sized beetroot, chopped
- Grated Mozzarella cheese
- pinch of salt
- Mexican spice mix (you can use any spice mix you want)
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- Turn your oven to 350F
- Whisk the eggs with milk and mix in the salt and spices
- Add in the tomatoes, spinach, beets and some of the cheese. Mix it all together
- I used 2 medium size oval oven bowls, sprayed oil a little and poured my mixture into both. Sprinkled the rest of the cheese on top. You don’t want it to the brim, just an inch or so under.
- Place them in the oven for 25-30 mins, or just check it by inserting a knife to make sure its cooked
- Take them out, let them cool, cut them up and enjoy!
- You can use ANY left over veggies that you have in the fridge as the filling. Chicken, pasta…works too!