Recently i seem to get very bloated when I have wheat products, so things like bread, cakes, cookies..although not really a fan of them to begin with but i do enjoy an occasional slice of cake or a delicious blueberry muffin. However, I can’t enjoy them anymore because I end up feeling very bloated and uncomfortable. So I’ve been experimenting on wheat free + gluten free + sugar free baking and so far, its been an interesting journey!
I came across this delicious recipe from theheartysoul.com, check them out, they have amazing recipes. I did however amend the recipe to suit my needs.
- 2 cups coconut flakes (i make my own)
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 scoop whey protein (I use ON Gold Standard, 100% whey )
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- A few other secret ingredients but you can make the cookies without these 🙂
- Heat your oven at 180 degrees Celsius
- Mix all your ingredients in a bowl
- If the mixture is too crumbly add some more oil and water but make sure its not too watery
- Once everything is mixed in well, scoop out the mixture using a teaspoon, one cookie is about one heaped teaspoon. Flatten the cookies on the tray
- I got about 12 good sized cookies. The number will depend on the size. Don’t make them too thick.
- Set your timer for a total of 15 minutes but turn the cookies half way so you can get a good color on both sides
- The outside will turn brown and inside will remain soft and moist
- Let them cool and enjoy. The are great for breakfast, pre and post workout snacks